Friday, January 25, 2008

ASU and Phoenix Light Rail

A couple of months ago, I wrote about how Light Rail should be a great asset to ASU students. Today, as a follow up, I was downtown and took some photos of the area near some of the campus buildings. The stop at Central and Van Buren, has a sign that says, "ASU Phoenix campus." (see pic below) Also shown below is a pic in front of the ASU Nursing school building which is just North/East of the rail stop. The amount of construction in this area is amazing and downtown is growing like crazy.
Today's trip reminded me of a conversation I had with Ron at Metro about the early adapters of the rail project. We discussed the fact that this should be very useful for students that want to get back and forth between the Phoenix and Tempe campuses. We also talked about the fact that students would probably be very willing to be some of the early adapters and ride the line on a regular basis. Interestingly enough, my friend Samuel ( Deserted After Dark blog ) and I agree that rail will be beneficial. Maybe I can get him and some of his friends like Candi and Danielle and the rest of the "StAR" crew to give us some insight. :-)
I hope you like the pics.. For next week, I'm going to check out some of the cool stuff going on around the Tempe campus..

5 comments:

Candi said...

The light rail will defiantly be beneficial to all ASU students. Get this I live in Mesa on Dobson and Main, so all I have to do is cross the street and hop on the light rail all the way to phoenix. It will be great. My only concern is safety. How safe will I be ridding the rail late at night from phoenix all the way to the last stop in Mesa??? Besides that I think it will be great for ASU students to use through out the day.

nb said...

Hi Candi, That is indeed a great location to be able to take advantage of the rail. Your safety point is a good one. From what I remember, this is a huge concern to Metro. Each car has more than 10 cameras on board and I have heard safety mentioned at several meetings. Very interesting point of view though.. Be safe!

chi2az said...

I would love to experience the rail! Now, my concern is that I live in Chandler, so I still have to drive to Tempe to catch it. It is still better then driving all the way from Chandler to Phoenix! No more traffic!!!

Anonymous said...

good thoughts... thanks for giving this kind of blogs....
___________________
Rozydesouza
Loans in a low rate and we make it easy to repay it too

Anonymous said...

Cool post as for me. I'd like to read more about that theme. Thanks for posting this data.